Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Artist Spotlight: IRENE TAN

At Shimmerz we love our Education team and know that they are some of
the best artists in the industry. We thought that you might want to
get to know these talented ladies a bit better throughout the month we'll be
interviewing one member of our team. Today's spotlight artist is






Please tell us about yourself and your style.

I'm from Malaysia and what I love is to experiment, inspire and educate. I started scrapbooking back in 2007 and from there on, everything is history. My style....I used to think that my style is basically "ephemera" but after working with various products through these years, I don't really know my style anymore. Does that count for freestyle? or inspiration style?

Where do you create? Do you have a studio space? A small nook in the kitchen?
I scrap or create in the office room. I have a corner in the room for all my scrapping needs and I believe that it is slowly overflowing towards the rest of the room. Here's a picture of how it looks like.
What is your favorite Shimmerz product? Why?
It's got to be Vibez Hot Fudge. I know my choice might be a little different in taste compared to others but that's me. I love vintage, grungy and distressed look. This colour always add a perfect touch to my projects.
What is your favorite movie?
Hmm...this is a hard question to answer...I think it has to be Bodyguard. I love all the soundtrack which are a perfect match to that movie. It gives me that emotion moment every time I watch it.
What, in your mind, is the ultimate luxury?

I chance to see the world with my eyes. The opportunity to capture the life of people from various parts of the world through my lens. 

What are your art goals for the future?

The possibilities of getting my first paper book out and opportunities for more teaching trips. I love to communicate and meet all my cyber friends around the world.

Please feel free to ask more questions in the comments section! Irene will attempt to answer them as she sees them!
Pin It

No comments: